Teachers are an integral part of our “Triangle of Success” along with parents and students-- connecting with parents and students to achieve academic excellence. Excellence Happens Here!
- P-H-M places a high priority on ongoing Professional Development to ensure teacher success and excellence in education.
- 100% of P-H-M’s teachers were evaluated “Effective” or “Highly Effective”
- P-H-M promotes Professional Learning Communities (PLC’s) and collaborative planning.
- P-H-M provides technology-rich learning environments.
- P-H-M values and celebrates diversity.
- P-H-M has excellent pay & benefits—the highest starting teacher salary in the area! Click for more details.
Why do our teachers love teaching at P-H-M? Click to watch the video below and learn why, then CLICK HERE TO APPLY TODAY!
We are an “A” rated school district (eight consecutive years!) located in Mishawaka, Indiana--a thriving suburban community adjacent to South Bend and close to the University of Notre Dame and other college campuses. Mishawaka is about 90 miles from Chicago and 30 miles from the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan. The District covers 135 square miles serving approximately 11,100 students in 15 schools: 11 elementary, three middle and one high school. Our other points of excellence include:
- In grades 3-8, P-H-M is in the Top 6% of public school districts, out of 294 Indiana public school corporations that have grades 3-8 (based on Spring 2018 ISTEP+ results)
- For grade 10, P-H-M ranks in the Top 5%, out of 291 Indiana public school corporations that have a high school) (based on Spring 2018 ISTEP+ results)
Six “Four Star” Schools for the 2016-2017 school year, as named by the IDOE are: Discovery Middle, Horizon Elementary, Meadow's Edge Elementary, Northpoint Elementary, Penn High School and Prairie Vista Elementary. Meadow’s Edge is one of P-H-M’s five Title 1 schools.
- PRAIRIE VISTA ELEMENTARY is a 2015 National Blue Ribbon School (classified as an “Exemplary High Performing School”), and is among the Top 10 public elementary schools in the state! (based on Spring 2018 ISTEP+ results)
- PENN HIGH SCHOOL is in the Top 10 of Indiana public schools and the STEM Academy is Indiana’s only fully STEM Certified Program
- DISCOVERY MIDDLE SCHOOL is a National Blue Ribbon School, the #3 middle school in the state, and one of the Top 50 in the nation
- Dr. Jerry Thacker was Indiana’s Superintendent of the Year (2012) and Indiana’s Outstanding Educator of the Year (2017 and 2013)
P-H-M teachers have been State Finalists for Teacher of the Year and in 2011 a P-H-M teacher was Indiana’s Teacher of the Year