Teachers are an integral part of our “Triangle of Success” along with parents and students-- connecting with parents and students to achieve academic excellence. Excellence Happens Here!
- P-H-M places a high priority on ongoing Professional Development to ensure teacher success and excellence in education.
- 100% of P-H-M’s teachers were evaluated “Effective” or “Highly Effective”
- P-H-M promotes Professional Learning Communities (PLC’s) and collaborative planning.
- P-H-M provides technology-rich learning environments.
- P-H-M values and celebrates diversity.
- P-H-M has excellent pay & benefits.
Why do our teachers love teaching at P-H-M? Click to watch the video below and learn why, then CLICK HERE TO APPLY TODAY!
Excellence Happens Here!
We are an “A” rated school district (eight consecutive years!) located in Mishawaka, Indiana--a thriving suburban community adjacent to South Bend and close to the University of Notre Dame and other college campuses. Mishawaka is about 90 miles from Chicago and 30 miles from the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan. The District covers 135 square miles serving nearly 11,200 students in 15 schools: 11 elementary, three middle and one high school. Our other points of excellence include:
Nine “Four Star” Schools for the 2015-2016 school year, as named by the IDOE are: Discovery Middle, Horizon Elementary, Madison Elementary, Mary Frank Elementary, Meadow's Edge Elementary, Northpoint Elementary, Penn High School, Prairie Vista Elementary and Schmucker Middle School. Meadow’s Edge is one of P-H-M’s five Title 1 schools.
Ranks in the state’s top 4% of public school districts and 4th among public school corporations with large high schools (student population more than 500) (based on Spring 2017 ISTEP+ results).
- PRAIRIE VISTA ELEMENTARY is a 2015 National Blue Ribbon School (classified as an “Exemplary High Performing School”), and ranks 11th out of all Indiana public schools! (based on Spring 2017 ISTEP+ results)
- PENN HIGH SCHOOL is in the Top 10 of Indiana public schools and the STEM Academy is Indiana’s only fully STEM Certified Program
- DISCOVERY MIDDLE SCHOOL is a National Blue Ribbon School, the #3 middle school in the state, and one of the Top 50 in the nation
- MEADOW’S EDGE ELEMENTARY is a Top Three Title I Schools in Indiana, recognized for its exceptional progress and student performance
- Dr. Jerry Thacker has been named Indiana’s Superintendent of the Year (2012) and Indiana’s Outstanding Educator of the Year (2017 and 2013)
Five of the past six years, a P-H-M teacher has been a State Finalist for Teacher of the Year and in 2011 a P-H-M teacher was Indiana’s Teacher of the Year