Volunteers are needed and are greatly appreciated at your child's school. Donating a few precious hours of your time can make all the difference.
Do you want to volunteer at your child’s school? Prospective volunteers for the Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation are required to fill out these forms and receive approval before volunteering:
All school volunteers are required to complete a comprehensive background check according to P-H-M School Policy 8120. The background checks will be completed a minimum of every 3 years. The Volunteer application form must completed prior to being approved as a volunteer. If you are currently approved as a volunteer, you should receive an email with information to print your
volunteer badge. If you do not, please notify the front office. Your background check will include:
- Indiana State Police Criminal Records
- Address Verification
- National Sex Offender Registry Check
- County Criminal Check
- Department of Corrections Check
- This check will also include the ArrestAlert monitoring
When approved, volunteers will receive a Volunteer ID Badge/Barcode.
All volunteers are asked to comply with the following guidelines:
- Volunteers must remember to have your driver's license with you every time you enter school along with your printed Volunteer Badge/Barcode.
- Volunteers are not to bring young children with them when they volunteer.
- All volunteers must observe all safety and security rules and procedures.
School visitors follow a different procedure before gaining permission to enter the school. Please click here for more information.