Unless otherwise scheduled by the P-H-M Board of School Trustees, Regular Board meetings are held on the second and fourth Mondays of each month with the exception of the months of March, April, May, June, July, September, October, and December, when there is only one meeting scheduled. In instances when the second or fourth Monday of the month falls on a legal holiday or there is a schedule conflict with the school year calendar (i.e., school recess day), the regular meeting of the Board will be held the next business day on Tuesday.
All regular board meetings are held in the Board Room at the Educational Services Center, 55900 Bittersweet Road, Mishawaka, and begin at 7:00 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
All regular meetings are open to the public and the news media. P-H-M Board Meetings are also shared via livestream through the Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation’s YouTube Channel, click to to visit the PHM YouTube page.
Public Participation at Board Meetings:
(per policy 0167.3 adopted June 27, 2005; last revised Sept. 13, 2010):
Members of the public can address the Trustees on agenda Board Action Items and the Hearing of Visitors. Any patron of the School Corporation who desires to address the Board during a regular meeting shall be required to state his/her name and address for the record.
Visitors Requesting Permission to Address the Board on a Specific Agenda Item (In-person Regular Meetings):
- Visitors requesting permission to address the Board on a specific agenda item are requested to complete a registration form prior to the meeting for each item.
- A time limit of three (3) minutes during the discussion of that agenda item will be enforced for persons wishing to speak on any specific agenda item.
- Visitors will be restricted to one (1) appearance per item.
The public can also address the Board during the Hearing of Visitors.
Hearing of Visitors (In-person Regular Meetings):
- Anyone wishing to address the Board on general topics is invited to do so under this item, Hearing of Visitors, without registering.
- The Hearing of Visitors will begin at the conclusion of the regular agenda.
- A time limit of three (3) minutes shall be enforced for persons wishing to speak during the Hearing of Visitors.
- It is requested that names and addresses be stated at the beginning of such comments.
- Individuals may speak only once during this section of this agenda.
Virtual Public Comment Procedures:
Visitors wishing to address the School Board Members virtually should email email@example.com. You will need to share the following information in that email:
- Phone number
- Organization you may be representing
- If you have student(s) in the school corporation.
Please note that all requests to speak virtually must be received no later than 6:30 p.m.
Please review policy 0167.3 for procedures for visitors requesting permission to address the Board on during Special Meetings.
Any changes in the starting times of meetings are so noted on the schedule below:
|Monday||May 23, 2022||ESC||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||June 27, 2022||ESC||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||July 25, 2022||ESC||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||August 8, 2022/Budget Work Session*||ESC||6:00 p.m.|
|Monday||August 8, 2022/Regular Meeting||ESC||7:30 p.m.|
|Monday||August 22, 2022||ESC||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||September 12, 2022||ESC||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||October 10, 2022||Madison||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||November 14, 2022||ESC||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||November 28, 2022||Northpoint||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||December 12, 2022||ESC||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||January 9, 2023/Board of Finance**||ESC||6:30 p.m.|
|Monday||January 9, 2023/Regular Meeting||ESC||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||January 23, 2023||Elsie Rogers||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||February 13, 2023||ESC||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday,||February 27, 2023||Penn HS||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||March 27, 2023||ESC||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||April 24, 2023||ESC||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||May 22, 2023||ESC||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||June 26, 2023||ESC||7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||July 24, 2023||ESC||7:00 p.m.|
*The annual Budget Work Session will be held first at 6:00 p.m. on Monday, August 8, 2022; immediately following will be a Brief Business Meeting at approximately 7:30 p.m.
**The annual Board of Finance meeting will be held first at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, January 9, 2023; immediately following will be Regular Meeting at 7:00 p.m.
The Board's meeting site is fully accessible to all persons. Any person requiring further accommodation should contact Rachel Hoogenboom, Administrative Assistant to the School Board: firstname.lastname@example.org or (574) 258-9570.